Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Check encryption status in script

Hi, I've been attempting to retrieve the Endpoint Encryption System Status for use in a script, but can't figure this out for version 7.0.1.354

I am looking to report back to my SCCM OSD task sequence the encryption status, so ideally would like to report the disk %, but I'd be happy with "Not Encrypted", "Encrypting", "Encrypted" to begin with.

I can't find this anywhere in WMI, the event viewer, or log files. Is there a way to get this simple information other than purchasing the scripting tool?

I've seen this example, but that seems to be only for a previous version.

Any help appreciated!

2 Replies
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Check encryption status in script

As fas as I remember it's in the endpoint encryption hive in the registry. There's certainly no scripting tool you can buy for eepc7 - the API is free for all customers to use (but I don't believe it has any function like the one you are asking for)

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Check encryption status in script

Thanks, I was able to find the basics in Wow6432node.

The API seems to be for querying the EPO only, not the local machine.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community