Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Changing Sync times and policies to workstation

Is there away around doing this and not effecting prior settings for the laptops.  We have some laptops that require the Pre-boot USB support to be unchecked and after the change we had to go in and manually change a 150 at my location.  Times that by 50 and it is task consuming.

4 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changing Sync times and policies to workstation

Push McAfee to fix their product so that forced USB fix does not need to be applied. In general it should not be needed at all.

SafeBoot 4.2 worked without those problems.

It is a poor practise to pass responsibilty for configuration tweaks to user community. Product should handle those different conditions internally, without human intervention.

I guess they are slowly getting there (just too slow, in my opinion).

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

Yeah, some laptops need the box checked and others don't.  They can always use the laptop keyboard.  I think all 8 of my users called asking what to do.  I laughed and said open the lid and use the laptop keyboard.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

When resetting all to group config from the group level... there are two exclude options.

Exclude Users

Exclude File Groups

There needs to be another one for Exclude Windows Options and that will take care of your problem

There are no such options though.  You could create a seperate machine group for ALL laptops that need this setting and then you would be in good shape.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Maybe NITC could do that.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community