These days, I met a big problem with my HP 6530b notebook!
1. Originally, I installed WinXP OS in C:\, and there still other three partions (D:\, G:\,H:\). And they are on the Same HDD which is 500GB.
2. All the partitions are encrypted through HP protect tools (Drive Encryption).
3. Last week, I re-installed WinXP OS into C:\, and after that when I log into Windows, I can not access other three partitions (D:\,G:\,H:\) any more. And there showed the partition is RAW properties.
4. I have backup the key in my USB disk(HpDriveEncryptionBackup.dat), but I'd like to get help from you, how can I recover my data and what is the detailed steps to do?
Sorry, continue my questions here:
1. If I have BartPE boot CD on hand and "authorised code of the day", what should I do when I want to decrypt and recover the data on my HDD?
2. What is the detailed steps?
A attached my HDD status here and hope any one professional can give me a hand on this! Many thanks in advance!
You should post questions in the data protection forum rather than here, but as your problems are with a HP product, you really need to discuss with HP.
In theory you could use WinTech to decrypt your old partitions, but this is a HP product, so there's not much help we can give you.