cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only log onto domain via SafeBoot login

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Not sure if this is a SafeBoot issue or a domain issue, but thought I would drop a post into this board to see if anyone has seen this before.

I have a user that can log into multiple laptops via SafeBoot. If he logs out of windows and then tries to log back in from a windows prompt, or sign into any desktop (They don't have SafeBoot installed.) the domain treats the attempt as a failed login attempt and locks the user out after three tries.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can only log onto domain via SafeBoot login

Jump to solution

Its most likely because they changed their EEPC password and not their Windows domain password and EEPC is still logging them into Windows with cached credentials.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

I believe the user is input wrong password. Verify if select User login must match Windows login is checked on EE Manager properties of machine or group of machines.

Jump to solution

Its most likely because they changed their EEPC password and not their Windows domain password and EEPC is still logging them into Windows with cached credentials.

Jump to solution

Thanks btschida,

That's exactly what the issue ended up being. Never would have thought that EEPC would have the ability to vouch for the authenticity of another user.

Jump to solution

it's nothing to do with EEPC - Windows will accept historic cached credentials long after the domain credentials have changed.