Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisH
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Beep on preboot screen

I have a general question, we have a visually impared user, who has software that reads the screen contents to them , this however will not work on the preboot screen, we have a need therefore for an audible sound to let the user know to put their details into the preboot screen, I have checked the options in the console but I have not found an option.

we have a temp fix of using autoboot but will need to remove this for security reasons.

11 Replies

Re: Beep on preboot screen

ChrisH
Level 7
Message 3 of 12

I have looke where was suggested in the link accessability options at the bottom of the machine properties, however it dosnt appear to be there,

is there any way this can be enabled, or is it a tweak in the files or management console view.

Which version of EEPC do you use? I believe this option was introduced in recent versions.

ChrisH
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

we user v 5.1.8 build 5600 win XP with a mix of sp 2 and sp 3 installed.

This feature was added in EEPC 5.2.0, please read Release Notes from that version.

mwilke
Level 7
Message 7 of 12

Its under Windows Options in the machines properties.  I think it needs to be at least 5.2.x version.  Near the bottom you will see a check mark for i think it says "Accessability something or another"

Check that and sync the machine and reboot.  You will have to test it out to get the beep sequences down so you will know how to train your visually impaired users.

Message was edited by: mwilke on 11/16/09 8:30 AM
ChrisH
Level 7
Message 8 of 12

Im going to upgrade our test server to 5.2.2, but on the live server we may wait for V6.

ChrisH
Level 7
Message 9 of 12

on the support webpage there is a mention of V5.3 but I can only fibnd V5.2.2 to doewnload, anyone know if I can download V5.3?

Sorry, where did you see version 5.3? Do you have a link?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center