Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Autoboot and McAfee Endpoint Encryption 5.2.12

I have a large number of clients with this version still. I am trying to figure out how to make Autoboot work correctly and while I've been able to create an $autoboot$ account and assign it to one machine for testing, I don't see an autoboot.ini file on either my server or the client. I need to be able to see if we can set things up so that Office 2013 can be pushed without EEPC interfering with the reboots that will be required. Do I need to create an autoboot.ini file on the server for the clients to reference?

And, yes, I know 5.2.12 is old now..........   

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 2 of 4

Re: Autoboot and McAfee Endpoint Encryption 5.2.12

Think I have answered my own question here: McAfee KnowledgeBase - How to automatically bypass preboot using the Autoboot User account

Although, if there is anything else I need to be aware of, please feel free to chime in.

Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Here's a question regarding autoboot - does or there is a way to set an expiration time for the autoboot feature with 5.2.12? There doesn't appear to be, but I am wondering if that can be accomplished via a script for instance?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

I have never tested but it may be possible to just use the valid until option for the autoboot user to invalidate the user on a specific day.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community