cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Authentec Fingerprint Reader

Okay, So when i uninstalled the Lenovo software and restarted the laptop the finger reader was not detected and i was not able to login. I logged in using the password only token as the admin account and reinstalled the Lenovo software and restarted the laptop. The reader is now detected and when i login as the user that has the Authentec token files right after i login the screen goes black and freezes. The problem is the driver does not come separate from the Lenovo software. I be leave if there was a driver only for this reader the end point enrollment would work. There is a conflict with having both of the software running at the same time. Does anyone have or know if there is a driver only for this reader? I also reached out to Authentec and am waiting a call back.Thanks

After doing some extensive google searching i found the drivers only for the finger reader. I uninstalled all of the finger register software and just installed the drivers for the finger reader. I restarted and made sure the device was listed in the device manager then restarted and clicked the Authentec token to try to login but at this point the reader was not detected by end point, So i installed the Lenovo software again and restarted, now it detects the reader and when i try to login as the user with the authentec files i am able to login but right after it still freezes and I cannot enroll my finger print with the end point enrollment software. I even created a local user name on the laptop and put the same user name in the end point users group and enrolled my finger with the lenovo software and still the same thing. it freezes right after i login with the user at the end point screen. At this point i've pretty much tried everything i could think of. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for the responses everyone.  Still waiting to hear back from Mcafee.

OK so right now, I am still working with Mcafee support.  Their last e-mail was not real promising, they stated that they had an x200 (im working with x100e) that is experiencing the same frustrating black screen.

Happy Friday!

lulukk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 15 of 15

Is there any update? We are using EEPC version 6.0.1, and it cannot read our fingerprint reader

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community