Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DKB223
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Agent Wake Up Call

This could be a dumb question - if I am sending a Wake Up Call to a client, does it "force" the client to synch with the server? I am using Device Encryption 7.1.3 for my clients. I also still have some using Endpoint Encryption 5.2.12. The version 5.2.12 clients I can force synch from the server side. I just want to make sure that I understand correctly what the wake up call function is actually doing.

4 Replies

Re: Agent Wake Up Call

When you click on wake-up agent call, you will see an option called Force complete policy and task update this triggers an immediate agent to server communication to update all policies and tasks, which is equivalent to Force sync in EEM server..

DKB223
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Satish.

I will remember to check that next time I need to do a wake up call.

pumar
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

I have an other question, which ports are used for Force complete policy and task update? Only port 8081?

ajha1
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Only Port 8081

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.