Recently had an issue with the Ad connectors, after a removing some admin user accounts the AD connectors stopped working with the following error when stating synchronisation "db010010 : Object not found". I have been able to track this down to the CmAuth.ini file referencing a deleted account and as a workaround I have recoved the required admin account.
My problem now is that although i can manually change the ID that the file looks for I am unable to find out how to generate a key so i can reference a specifically created service account. See contents of file below
Any ideas on how to get round this would be appreciated
Thanks for the quick reply, I have tried that previously and it hasn’t change the ini file, i have even removed it and gone through the same process but it just doesn’t seem to pick up the new credentials
are you running on vista or W7? If so you probably need to "run as administrator".
the alternate is to run up sbserver as an app, then restart it as a service - that will populate sbserver.ini again (run it as an administrator of course as above).
yep done that it won’t recreate or change that settings in that .ini file and if i remove it the connectors will not run due to being unable to authenticate. The only way i can see round this is to manually edit the file but that will involve manually recreating the Key for the service account.
you don't have enough rights then to write the file.
When you save the connector settings, or start the server as a service, it will write the credentials to the ini file. It works for everyone else ;-)
I had the same issue, when synchronization was launched from scheduled task, manually sychronization worked fine. Deleting the scheduled task (which was created by user that account now is disabled), and creating new writes cmauth.ini file, and scheduled sychro works without error.