cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AV scan of McAfee Dirve Encryption SSD from Live USB Drive

I think I have a virus on my machine which deletes randomly folders and file from the root drive, so it's a very agressive virus. My virus guard hasn't detected it unfortuantelly.

I want to scan my whole drive from a live usb linux with a different AV scanner, in order to detect the virus and find a solution how to eleminate it.

My problem is, that my drive is encrypted by mcafee drive encryption and I was wondering if I'm able to mount my encrypted drive with linux, or if I have to use a windows based live usb image.

I came to this question, because I've found a very old posting, regarding the same issue, but it might not be up-to-date anymore:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Encryption-ePO-Managed/Offline-scan-an-encrypted-drive/td-p/265277

They recommended legacy Bart-PE...

I would be very thankfully for any help!

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.