cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD password not getting synched onto safeboot

Hi,

I m trying to configure safeboot to pull AD users into safeboot database, generated client and installed on an VMware instance with an initial password '12345' and force change password for first time login, every thing is working fine till here, but when i do a password reset on AD and do a synch from server and client side, the change is not getting reflected i.e the password reset is not working.

Can anyone help me with this? I want to be able to change/reset my windows password and get it to synchronise with the enpoint boot password.

Regards,
Naresh
7 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

RE: AD password not getting synched onto safeboot

what you ask is not possible - AD does not know what your password is.

you need to change the password on the client for EEPC to pick that up.

You mean to say that we can't do a password reset on AD and sync it to safeboot and login with those credentials?
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

nope. you can do the reset on AD, but the sync can only happen on an EEPC active client when the user does the change password event.

Ok...what i did is...i changed the password on AD and did a synch from the client installed on an VMware workstation instance...is this the correct scenario?
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

nope - that's not going to do anything - changing your pwd on the ad directly is not linked in any way to the password in EEPC.

you need to change the password on an EEPC client itself (using ctrl-alt-del change password for example).l
Highlighted

Thanks for your help....

Could you help me with one more thing...i need the list of safeboot information fields that we can specify in User Mapping tab of user information (AD connector). for ex :

Safeboot field Directory service attribute

Account Name samAccountName

Can you provide me with the other safeboot field names that can be mapped to Directory service attributes.
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

there are no fixed safeboot names, you can call them whatever you like, it's just a text field displayed to administrators - there's no logic applied to it.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.