cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

0xe0050018 - EndPoint Encrypyion Error

Hi,

I have company provided T61 lenovo laptop that has data encryption software. By mistake I have updated the BIOS drivers from T61 site. It has resulted in the laptop failing to boot or start. As soon it starts it gives the following error :-
'End Point Encryption Error' Error 0xe0050018 ..a possible virus has been detected".

Is there any way out so that it can be fixed and at least I can retrieve my data?
Please help.
8 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

RE: 0xe0050018 - EndPoint Encrypyion Error

contact your helpdesk- they can reset the warning message for you.
mrgui
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

If they issue a "boot once" code, you should be fine. If you already have an anti-virus client on the machine, I would suggest that the virus protection setting for SafeBoot/MEEPC be turned off. It seems to create more problems then it might help to prevent.
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

boot once?

then the error will return on the next boot?

they need to do a reset int13 from SafeTech/WinTech to clear the warning...

Thanks for the reply.
I have been able to reset the Int13 by using the safeboot disk.It has fixed the problem i.e I have been to log on past the encryption screen but now when XP boots up it gives the blue screen with an error code 0X00007B and come out. The blue screen goes out very fast so I cant read but I think it says that there is a virus in the m/c...which is surprsing as it was working fine before it all started...since it gives a virus error and data encryption error was also related to virus ..can this b2 be related..
Please hlep as last time your timely suggestions helped me a lot..would an XP bootable disk help in this case or is it something to do with data encryption error??
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 9

you need to tell us exactly what the error is - use the f8 windows options to get the error message.

Thanks for the reply..the blue screen just after the XP starts to boot gives the following errror :-

check for viruses on your computer.Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controller. Run chkdsk/f to check for hArddrive corruption. and then restart your computer
0x0000007b(0xf78aa524,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

looks like a windows problem - get your IT department to fix it I guess. It could again be due to updating the bios though.
Kuru
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Hi Only a guess when you updated the bios it may have swithed to native SATA mode or some thing like that so it worth checking to see if you can go back to SATA Compatible mode but it may need int13 again better to get you IT involved.

Kuru
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator