Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 20

none of the GS 7.0.1 Policies is Appliedto mail flow

guys,

i have 6 exchange 2007 running in windows 2003 as follow:

1. two mailbox

2. two cas/hub

3. two edge transport

i have install GS 7.0.1 on mailbox & cas/hub but not in edge transport and did the following configuration:

1. i have enable the disclaimer on cas/hub server

2. i have enable file filleting on cash/hub server to block .exe file

3. i have enable anti-spam on cas/hub server

4. on mailbox normal configuration

my problem is none of the above configuring is working, the Policies configuration is there but it is not able. i mean no disclaimer are add it to mail and it dose not block any .exe file.

please help

q: configurating the disclamier, file fillting and anti-spam should be on cas/hub or edge trasport..

19 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 20

Re: none of the GS 7.0.1 Policies is Appliedto mail flow

there is a hot fix that addresses disclaimers not getting added on exchange 2007 hub servers (hf

445948).  if you call into mcafee support you can request this hot fix.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 20

Thanks, I will look in MacAfee web and I will ask the support to provide the HF.

However, what about the file filtering issue ? And do i need to setup the disclaimer & file filtering in cas/hub server or mailbox ?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 20

the way you have it setup is fine.  however, i would get gse installed to the edge server and then do the anti-spam and file filtering there.

one reason the file filtering wasn't working is that you were sending an email from your mailbox server.  what happens with that is gse on the mb server will scan the item and the virus scan api will mark the email as being scanned.  it will then get routed to the hub server which will see that the email has already been scanned and will not scan it again.  so in that scenario you would want to either disable gse on the mailbox server or set file filtering on the mb server.  

for spam scanning i would enabled that on the edge server only.  for now running it on the hub is fine but the edge server would be best.

possible reason it didn't work is that the mcafeetxagent wasn't installed or was set to false so the spam scanner wasn't scanning.  from the exchange shell you can run get-transportagent and verify that it is installed and set to true.  if it isn't there you can run the install-agent.ps1 script from the gse\bin\e2007 folder.

another reason is that the email was sent from internal to external client.  the spam scanning only works for emails originating from an external source.

the disclaimer can only be enabled on the hub or edge server role.

when you call in for the hot fix i would also bring up these other issues and have the tech go through the setup with you if the above suggestions didn't resolve the problem. 

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 20

Dear tlange,

I want to thank you for your answer and help and I really appreciate it..

Thank you very much..

I will let you know McAfee support answer..

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 20

dear ,

i have installed the GSE in exchange edge and i discover that it is not scanning any mail at all. i have tried it everything and still with no luck.

I have run "McAfee Virtual Technician" and i got the following error please I need your help:

Expected File not Present
c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\groupshield for exchange\\bin\eServices\engine.xml

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 20

There should be a file called ProductKey in several folders on the system. By default it will be in C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\GroupShield for Exchange\bin (obviously your "path may be slighly different). But that same file should exist also in the following locations  (again depending on Paths, Windows version etc) 

C:\Windows\System32

C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv

C:\Program File\Microsoft\Exchange Server\bin

If the file does not exist here then its possible the engines aren't loading.

Copy file from Groupshield install location to these folders. Restart the McAfee Groupshield Services - please advise if engine.xml is now created.

If it is please test that scanning is started.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 8 of 20

the Productkey file dose exist in all below folder and still engine.xml problem exist :

C:\Windows\System32

C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv

C:\Program File\Microsoft\Exchange Server\bin

please advse..

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Do you get an error when registering the scanner??

regsvr32.exe "C:Program Files (x86)\McAfee\GroupShield for Exchange\bin\TransportScanx64.dll"

If so please report case to McAfee Support.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 10 of 20

I have successfully register "TransportScanx64.dll" file with no error, what should i do now ?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community