cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't install MSME 7.6 on 2010 SP3

As part of a domain/organization migration, I installed a brand-spankin' new Exchange 2010 SP3 server.  I've been using MSME 7.6 for years on an Exchange 2010 SP2 server, but now I can't get MSME to install.  There are a couple of documents that support has given me already that haven't helped - for instance, there's the one to set the script execution policy to "remotesigned," and the one to add some McAfee program dirs to the path - neither helped.  The install gets frustratingly close to completion (like, it looks about 98%), and then rolls back.

Anyone with similar experience here?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: can't install MSME 7.6 on 2010 SP3

i would suggest to either install msme 8.5 or at minimum 8.0 instead of 7.6.  it's most likely a problem trying to install the agents due to the exchange sp that is installed.  the newer versions of msme take care of this problem.

I actually tried 8.0 already and had the same issue, but if I don't get any further suggestions from McAfee, I may try 8.5

McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

what is the exact error that comes up when it fails?  if possible could you post the msi log?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community