I have an Exchange 2013 SP1 Edge Transport server in my DMZ that I'm trying to install MSME 8.5 onto.
The installer goes through OK (apart from quick flashes of red text when some of the later PowerShell scripts run). When it finishes it says that the installation was successful but when I run Get-TransportAgent there are no McAfee agents listed.
All the McAfee services are running but when I launch MSME Product Configuration I just get a blank page and nothing ever appears.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Update: I get these errors when manually trying to install the agents:
in the e2007 agents folder does it show a file named mcCominteroptx64.dll and if so is there another file by the same name with a .tlb extension (mcCominteroptx64.tlb)?
if the dll is there but no tlb file try the following
open a cmd prompt and cd to the msme\bin folder and type this command as is.
that should create the tlb file. if so then re-run the install-agent script.
do you have this microsoft hot fix installed?
if not that will need to be installed before trying to install the msme agent.
Thanks. I didn't realise that fix applied to MSME 8.5 as well. There's nothing in any NAI KB to indicate that. Just saying...
OK, so I've applied the fix. The installation seemed to go better this time, and now the transport agents are registered, loaded and running. That's much better:
However, I still can't launch the Product Configuration Console:
I feel we're heading in the right direction. Any further ideas, please?
you are correct. we do have a kb with reference to msme 8 and the MS hot fix (KB81356) but it hasn't been updated to include 8.5. i'll make sure that info is added though.
as for the ui, one possibility is UAC is not allowing the page to be viewed because it isn't running as admin. you can first try right clicking on the IE icon and choose run as admin to open a new browser. then copy the link above into the url and see if the page then opens.
also what happens if you put in https://
even if it doen't launch you should have gotten some type of response instead of a blank page. you might want to look at the iis logs to see if the request to open the site is even getting sent. i would also look in iis manager and make sure the msme web site got created.
OK. I've got the web console working now. IIS needed an extra feature installing: StaticFileModule
See the following Microsoft TechNet article for details: Browsing to static content returns a blank page or HTTP 500 Server Error message in Internet Informa...
In brief: To resolve this problem, install the Static Content feature of the Common HTTP Features under the Web Server role on the webserver.