Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moosh
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

The Detected Items failed to store a record with error 80040230.McEFILEIOERROR

Hi

We are running Groupshield version 6.0.1148.179. In the event viewer I have lots of "The Detected Items failed to store a record with error 80040230.McEFILEIOERROR" How do I fix this

thanks

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: The Detected Items failed to store a record with error 80040230.McEFILEIOERROR

I'm very sorry but GSE 6.0.1148.179 has been EOL/EOS since December 2009.  (it was called GSE6.02)

http://www.mcafee.com/us/support/support-eol-software-utilities.aspx

Its a very very long time since I have seen this

To get it running again if I remember correctly - this used 2 files

<GroupShield install path>\bin\DetectedItems.bin

<GroupShield install path>\bin\DetectedItems.bin.qtn

You may have used different folders - anyway - stop the Groupshied Service and kill these 2 files - and restart service.

But you also need to understand that updates (dats etc) for that version have not been released since like mid 2010.

Latest version is McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange  7.6 and if you have a valid grant number is available from the McAfee Download Site. 

moosh
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Re: The Detected Items failed to store a record with error 80040230.McEFILEIOERROR

thanks for the advice and support Aidan. I followed your instructions and it has stopped the errors and appears to be working. Theproblem I now have is that it will not exempt my pass. Can you help?

Message was edited by: moosh on 23/05/12 03:50:02 CDT
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Not overly sure what you mean by "exempt my pass"?????

Also I must remind you that there are no updates for this version - dats will be  at least 14-16 months out of date (antispam updates will be same lenght of time out of date I think).  Automatic updates may be running - but they are not getting anything new.

moosh
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Sorry,

Accept Password

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Sorry - I have no recollection of GSE6.02 interface requiring a password... can you clarify exactly what you are doing??

If this also is running on a server that has IE version 8 or greater - this would never have been tested.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator