cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security for Exchange 8.5 with DAG, Question

Jump to solution

My envrionment:

2 x Exchange 2016 servers on 2012 R2, DAG configured, standalone Security for Exchange 8.5 with all hotfixes applied to both servers, policies managed by EPO.

Question:

Because I have a DAG for exchange does this mean I must use the Cluster replication setup utility to replicate DAT, quarantine database, and policy information? It's unclear to me or not obvious what the use case is for replicating those items. Any document that directly answers this is appreciated, as well as your own input.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Security for Exchange 8.5 with DAG, Question

Jump to solution

It there for use if you want it or not in DAG configuration.

For Configuration  - If you have ePolicy Orchestrator  and are managing all nodes of the DAG - then the config is being taken care of by the ePO Policy you have already defined and enforced by McAfee agent.

If not ePO managed - then this can sync configuration across all nodes.

For Dats - if ePO managed as above agent will get dats from ePO repositories you have defined

If not ePO managed - then possible one node could get daily dats then could replicate across all nodes

But MSME on each node has autoupdate capability and can download dats individually.  

For Quarantine data - useful if you want to see all quarantine data from all nodes in each local quarantine database (if you use McAfee Quarantine Manager you do not need this)

2 Replies

Jump to solution

It there for use if you want it or not in DAG configuration.

For Configuration  - If you have ePolicy Orchestrator  and are managing all nodes of the DAG - then the config is being taken care of by the ePO Policy you have already defined and enforced by McAfee agent.

If not ePO managed - then this can sync configuration across all nodes.

For Dats - if ePO managed as above agent will get dats from ePO repositories you have defined

If not ePO managed - then possible one node could get daily dats then could replicate across all nodes

But MSME on each node has autoupdate capability and can download dats individually.  

For Quarantine data - useful if you want to see all quarantine data from all nodes in each local quarantine database (if you use McAfee Quarantine Manager you do not need this)

Highlighted

Jump to solution

This cleared a lot of things up for me!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.