When I install the anti-spam module of Security 7.6 on my mail server the dashboard on the mailserver will not start, message is something like "currently unavailable".
After upgrading Exchange 2010 to SP2 the problem is not solved.
What does work is everything except the anti-spam:
I installed Security 7.6 with the patch MSME76HF725689 using EPO on my mailserver with Exchange 2010 SP2.
I clicked the icon McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange - Product Configuration (Web Interface) and I can see the Dashboard.
After that I tried to install the Anti-Spam evaluation using EPO. Didn't work.
I installed the anti-spam using the exe file on the mailserver (work around EPO) en I can't see the dashboard anymore.
In the mean time i started to use the evaluation version of Forefront from Microsoft.
This package worked like a charm, just installing and ready.
But I already use McAfee for a long time and I have already paid for this one, and we would have to buy Forefront.
What's going wrong with the anti-spam?
The problem in short: After installing the anti-spam evaluation op top of Security 7.6 the dashboard "McAfee Security for Exchange" on my mailserver stopped working,
message: "currently unavailable".
Couple of qqs
Exch Man.Shell - get -transportagent
Which UI are you looking at - local config or the web console??
If local console and UAC involved are you right-clicking the icon and selecting "run with admin"??
I’m using the webconsole.
Right now I’ve not installed the anti-spam.
I use the webconsole.
I do not have to run with admin to start the webconsole, it all worked just fine, until I installed anti-spam.
Right now I have installed Security without the anti-spam, and then it works fine. (but does not stop the spam).
Message was edited by: foxhunter on 1/30/12 2:32:59 AM CST
OK - Mcafee AV agent is installed and running.
And correct you do not need "run with admin" for Webconsole.
But both the webconsole and the standalone console use configurataion from McAfeeConfig.xml (in <msme install folder>\config)
Would you have happened to save that config xml file when you had the issue??
If so maybe you could post here - I may be able to figure why it didn't load or did it become corrupt - if I try it on a test machine here.
Also can you confirm if server is ePO managed??
I use EPO, its EPO managed.
I delete all security 7.6 and updates, extensions, packages from EPO.
I patched the Word McAfee out of the register on my mailserver.
Stopped all mcafee services on the mailserver.
Removed all mcafee services.
Remove all mcafee software from program files(x86) and program files.
Reinstalled Security with EPO.
Restarted a lot of times.
Although many times installation through EPO, says it has failed, I finally have a working Security package on my mailserver.
So a big cleanup job did it.
Now I only have a working mcafeeconfig.xml.
Thanks for the attention, may be the problem comes back, since I haven't found out what was the problem.
Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center