cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPF Setting not showing in MSME

Hi I've just ugpraded from MSME 8.5 to 8.6

Initially when i upgraded there was an error but everything seemed to be going so i checking things out and everything was working.

When checking the configuration i initially saw an SPF setting. I recall seeing the setting somewhere and turning it off.

Since then i havent been able to find the option even though i am sure i am looking in the correct location.

I did an uninstall of the software and reinstalled it (i didnt clear out the registry entries) but the configuration appears to have been new because i lost all my spam settings such as whitelists and custom settings for spam scores.

Can someone tell me if there is some kind of bug which may be preventing the SPF option from showing back up

So if i understand the manual correctly it should show up in:

Settings & Diagnostics -> Anti-Spam

Its a small standalone install with Exchange 2016 running in a Windows Server 2012 r2 Hyper-V VM.
The license says its activated for both the MSME and Anti-spam (the anti-spam i needed to run the activation exe file)

MSME is 8.6.171.1 (No SP or HF)

AV Engine | DAT Version | Extra Drivers: 5900.7806 | 8755.0000 | 0
Anti-Spm Engine | Rules Version: 9309 | core:6186:inlines:6282:streams:1774137:uri:2557126

Kind Regards,

Martin

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: SPF Setting not showing in MSME

That is correct location for the SPF Filter option

Settings & Diagnostics -> Anti-Spam

Not aware of any issue where it would "disappear".

You should see this in the xml config file - <msme install folder>\config\mcafeeconfig.xml  - open in browser\notepad\notepad++ - search for spf

Did you happen to copy a previous version mcafeeconfig.xml into the config folder??? Previous versions did not have this option.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center