cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.6 and McAfee Anti-Spam

Jump to solution

Hello McAfee community,

I have the task to deploy the McAfee Anti-Spam add-on to the McAfee Security for MS Exchange but I am failing.

We are running ePo 5.3. From the Software Manager I can see only this package: "MSME_AS_Activation_Deployment.zip" under the tab: "McAfee Anti-spam for Microsoft Exchange 8.6". I tried to push remotely the installation of the package but without any success. I tried locally to install the package but it is saying that there is no Anti-Spam product to activate. And here I am lost.

MSME 8.6 is successfully installed on the Exchange but when I try to configure the Anti-Spam Policy: "Anti Spam Settings" I receive this message: "The anti-spam license has expired or is not installed. Please contact McAfee or your software dealer in order to acquire an appropriate licensed copy of this software."

I checked the installation guide for 8.6 and there sound pretty easy: "To use the anti-spam feature with your ePolicy Orchestrator managed MSME software, check in the McAfee Anti-spam deployment package to ePolicy Orchestrator, then deploy it to the client systems."

The strange thing is that in the guide there is: "For Products and components, select McAfee Anti-Spam for McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange (x64) - xxxxxxxx 8.6.0.xxxx" and I do not have such product. From the ZIP file which I found in the Software Manager I got this product: "License Activation for McAfee Anti-Spam for McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange".

Could you please help me with tips and advises how should I proceed?

Thank you in advance for the assistance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.6 and McAfee Anti-Spam

Jump to solution

Hello Vidinov,

From the MSME product guide: https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/25000/PD25397/en_US/...

Have you tried this:

Install the McAfee Anti-spam add-on manually

If you've not installed McAfee Anti-spam as part of the complete or custom installation of MSME, install the add-on manually

1. As an administrator, log on to the system where Microsoft Exchange Server is installed.

2 Browse to the \AntiSpam  folder in the software package, double-click ASAddOn_x64_Eval.exe.

3 Select a language from the drop-down list, then click OK.

4 In the Welcome screen, click  Next to display the  End User License Agreement screen.

5 Accept the terms in the license agreement, then click  Next .

6 In the  Ready to Install the Program screen, verify the selected configuration, then click  Install. The Installing McAfee Anti-Spam add-on for Microsoft Exchange screen appears that displays the features being copied,

initialized, and installed.

7 When the installation is complete, the installation wizard Completed screen appears. Select Show Windows Installer logs to view the log file of the installation process, if necessary, then click Finish.

The McAfee Anti-spam add-on is successfully installed on your system.

Please check and let us know!

Best regards,

D

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to Email Security for Exchange/Domino

For better assistance and better exposure.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Hello Vidinov,

From the MSME product guide: https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/25000/PD25397/en_US/...

Have you tried this:

Install the McAfee Anti-spam add-on manually

If you've not installed McAfee Anti-spam as part of the complete or custom installation of MSME, install the add-on manually

1. As an administrator, log on to the system where Microsoft Exchange Server is installed.

2 Browse to the \AntiSpam  folder in the software package, double-click ASAddOn_x64_Eval.exe.

3 Select a language from the drop-down list, then click OK.

4 In the Welcome screen, click  Next to display the  End User License Agreement screen.

5 Accept the terms in the license agreement, then click  Next .

6 In the  Ready to Install the Program screen, verify the selected configuration, then click  Install. The Installing McAfee Anti-Spam add-on for Microsoft Exchange screen appears that displays the features being copied,

initialized, and installed.

7 When the installation is complete, the installation wizard Completed screen appears. Select Show Windows Installer logs to view the log file of the installation process, if necessary, then click Finish.

The McAfee Anti-spam add-on is successfully installed on your system.

Please check and let us know!

Best regards,

D

Jump to solution

Hello Donchev,

Yes, you are absolutely right. Since we are using 8.6 version there is no such point in the Product Guide for the version.

Anyway, thank you for the help!

Regards,

V

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Locking this as it has been marked 'Correctly 'Answered/Solved'.

By Moderator Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator