Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

MSME 8.6.0.130

Hello,
I have a question regarding MSME Patch1 8.6.0.130

Currently we are running MSME 8.6.0.171 with Patch1 version .124 in our testing environment.
These were both installed manually on all exchange servers.

Now I have checked-in the new .130 patch1 into ePO but when I try to deploy it the agents start the job and soon shows a "The update to version 130 failed". Also a manual installation says the product is already installed.

Since I am 99.99% sure the servers/agents did not have any communication with the ePO server between me adding the .130 patch and starting the update job I find it hard to believe that the new .130 Patch1 is already installed.

How can I check what minor version is installed on my exchange servers because ePO only shows Patch1 and since both .124 and .130 are called Patch1 I can't tell if the newest .130 is installed or not.

Hope someone can help me how to check this or what logs to check to see what is going wrong.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8
Message 2 of 3

Re: MSME 8.6.0.130

In ePO:

System tree - System Information - Products

McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange  8.6.171.1 

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: MSME 8.6.0.130

This only shows under McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange:
Hotfix/Update Version: Patch1

And under General:
Hotfix: Patch1

Neither of these tell me if Patch1 = .124 or .130 since they are both called Patch1.
So there is no way for me to tell which server has the new Patch1 (.130) and which has the old Patch1 (.124).

It would all be a lot easier is McAfee just called the minor version .124 Patch1 and minor version .130 Patch2.
Because giving different patches the same name is really confusing.

Our machines can't install patch1.130 because they give the message that Patch1 is already installed, but as already stated there is no way to distinguish Patch1 from Patch1.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community