Did you mean: 
amarj
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

MSME 8.5 post configuration issues

Hi..

Exchange 2013 SP1 Environment : 4 exchange servers in Hyper V

2 DMZ exchange servers(ET1 and ET2) and 2 Internal  exchange servers( CAMB1 and CAMB2)

1. McAfee Transport Routing Agent registration failed
  2.   * Anti-Spam Engine | Rules Version is not getting updated - All exchange servers are managed by EPO server :Tried by enabling IP based proxy internet access to DMZ residing exchange servers(ET1 and ET2) and internal network exchange servers (CAMB1 and CAMB2)  
  3. "DCET1" Product database failed to store a record
  4. MSME  Product Configuration UI (Web Browser) is opening in Administrator's account but the same is not opening in domain user's account  
7 Replies
McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Re: MSME 8.5 post configuration issues

1. this microsoft hf must be installed before our agents can get installed. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2938053/en-us

2. go through this article to make sure the anti-spam update service is installed properly. KB82558

3. if its happening when msme service starts then it can be ignored.

4. access to the webui is tied to iis permissions and the access list for msme (start\all programs\mcafee\security for microsoft exchange\access control).  you might just need to add the domain user to the access control list and restart msme to get it to work.  otherwise, i would suggest to look in iis logs to see what error is generated when the gui is attempting to open.

amarj
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

2. go through this article to make sure the anti-spam update service is installed properly. KB82558

Anti-spam service is installed properly but no success

4. access to the webui is tied to iis permissions and the access list for msme (start\all programs\mcafee\security for microsoft exchange\access control).  you might just need to add the domain user to the access control list and restart msme to get it to work.  otherwise, i would suggest to look in iis logs to see what error is generated when the gui is attempting to open.

Done all suggested settings but error throws "McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange is not currently available. Please try again later."

Even I tried by adding domain user account in local Administrator's group but no success.

McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

2.  then that means your firewall is preventing msme from communicating with the su3.mcafee.com server.

check out this article KB60938 to verify if the firewall is the issue. 

if there is still a problem then i would suggest to call into support and log a ticket.

4. it's possible that msme isn't fully loaded in part due to the spam rules not getting updated.  to verify if it is loading, open task manager and look for the rpcserv.exe process (there will be 2 of them).  if the config has been loaded properly one of the rpcserv processes will list memory usage above 90mb.  if you do see that then try this:

right click on the IE icon and then right click on the listing "Internet Explorer" and choose to run as admin.  in the url put in https://localhost/msme/index.html

if neither of the rpcser processes is above 90 then msme isn't loaded properly.   at that point i would call in to open a ticket

Make sure you are using the FQDN in the MSME URL, otherwise you will likely get:

"The McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange is not currently available. Please try again later."

If you only use the hostname as below, you will likely get a Certificate error (address mismatch):

Wrong

hxxps://<hostname>/MSME

Right

hxxps://<hostname>.mydomain.com/MSME

We have had issue 3 since at least v8 of MSME. We are now at 8.5. We get multiple instances daily.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

As Tom mentions maybe its wiser to open a ticket - v8 and v8.5 use same update method for antispam rules - they come from http://su3.mcafee.com/su3 and are handled by the McAfee AntiSpam Rules Updater servive (in services applet).  This is not a site that you van manually access and download rules - its an updater site catering specifically for the rules and access by the updater service.  Access to this will be requests through whatever firewalls/proixes you have in place and the requirement to download rules through same path.

I'm pretty sure I raised a ticket in the past but I will raise another ticket next week once I'm happy our current issue is resolved.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community