Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010

Next time it happens it would be best to open a case - to verify cause.... as TLange stated ... it could be Agent Issue.

Logging for ePO, Agent/ & MSME Product would need to be check to verify where the failure is happening.

In the agent log I recieved an error CManage::EnforcePolicies() - Failed - "MSME____8000" (error = -1000)

McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 15

that error indicates a setting coming down from the msme policy in epo is bad.  this is then preventing the local plugin from applying the policy to msme.  if you enable msme debug logging (set level to high) and then try a policy enforcement it should record the problem in one of the rpcserv logs. 

Highlighted

Hello,

After upgrade to 8.51 also got CManage::EnforcePolicies() - Failed - "MSME____8500" (error = -1000). In my case helped set at organization level/root polices to mcafee default ,  Then i forced on clients force check new polices. Then I created new polices based on mcafee default and assigned to exchange folder in tree

pjw2012
Level 10
Message 15 of 15

Hey.

I had a similar issue. After some discussion with support, it turns out that upgrading the extensions in ePO can break things. They recommend removing the extensions completely and then adding them back in. This is the process I followed:

- Stop agent services on the exchange server

- Prevent any agent updates from ePO to MSME, essentially putting it in standalone mode.

- Backup up policies, assignments and reports for MSME in ePO

- Remove all MSME extensions from ePO

- Install MSME extensions in ePO and restart services on the exchange server. This should apply all default policies to MSME. This can be checked easily be changing the number of DAT files to retain and then enforcing a policy and task refresh.

- Once confirmed as working, update policies in ePO as required and push out to MSME. It is recomended to do one at a time and check enforcement as you go.

Mine is working perfectly now (apart from sending alerts emails but that is a seperate issue)

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community