We are running 8.5 and have the same issue. We also had the issue on 8.0. Did you ever get a fix for this?
We have had our MSME (8.5) re-installed fresh by McAfee support since ePO policies were failing to apply to the antispam module.
This fixed the problem:
1) Are your SPAM rules updating? (check in MSME console)
Please be aware the updater gets the rules updates from "http://su3.mcafee.com/su3"
- if you have a proxy between Exchange server and this site you wil need to add details to
MSME config - Settings & Diagnostics - Proxy.
- if you have a Firewall which would block this connection you will need to add an exception or filter
to allow two way comms from server to site (rules are downloaded from here).
2) If there are 2 McAfee Anti-Spam Rule(s) Updater(s) running stop one of them! (services.msc):
McAfee Anti-Spam Rule Updater MaseRulesUpdater Running Auto Own Process
"c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\msme\bin\maserulesupdater.exe" Ignore LocalSystem 0
McAfee Anti-Spam Rules Updater McAfee Anti-Spam Rules Updater Running Auto Own Process
c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\msme\bin\maserulesupdater.exe Normal LocalSystem 0
If you go into services applet - are there two McAfee AntiSpam Rules Updater Services listed???
If there are then please choose one to stop (doesn't matter which one as they point to same service executable) - and set it to manual or disabled.
3) Restart all MSME services and check if the Anti-SPAM gets updated.
I spoke to McAfee support yesterday about another issue and apparently this is a miss report and will be hidden in a future patch\hotfix.
Is this what you are seing??? McAfee KnowledgeBase - 80040230:McEFILEIOERROR appears occasionally in Product/Event log after updat...
Yes we see those errors. We have a couple more errors in the product log apparently all are misreports and will be fixed in a hotfix\update.