cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSME 8.0 Patch 1 + HF/ Eventlog flooding with Error 2045 & 2049 after daily DAT update

Hello

Yesterday I upgraded myMcAfee MSME 7.6 to MSME 8.0 with PATCH 1 and latestHF (8.0.7987.100) on Exchange 2007 SP3.

Today after the DAT update the problems started. The Eventlog is flooding with errors 2045 & 2049.

Source MSME / EventID: 2045

The OnAccess (Transport) scanner failed to scan the item '<MessageSubject>' with error 80040236.

Source MSME / EventID: 2049

The Detected Items failed to store a record with error 80040230:McEFILEIOERROR 

I have already recreate the MSMEData Folder as suggested in

http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB73168

Even the Datapath in the registry is OK!

I also moved the engine files from the DAT to the Engine folder.

After restarting the MSME Service the Events 2045 and 2049 re-appear.

Any help is much appriciated.

Pj

16 Replies

Re: MSME 8.0 Patch 1 + HF/ Eventlog flooding with Error 2045 & 2049 after daily DAT update

Discussion moved from Business to Email Security for Exchange/Domino for faster support

----

Peter

edvstm
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 17

Re: MSME 8.0 Patch 1 + HF/ Eventlog flooding with Error 2045 & 2049 after daily DAT update

Have you tried renaming the database ?
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74104

Are you using Agent 5.0? Try to downgrade

Is the Exchange with combined roles or seperate Hub/Mailbox etc.? If seperate try to deactivate VSAP or Transport scanning -> https://community.mcafee.com/thread/52923

The server is running Agent 4.8 patch2.

Yes, I allready have renamed the database. Even the path to the db in the registry is good.

The Exchange server has combined roles (Hub tansport, Mailbox, ...)

Thanks for the reply.

edvstm
Level 7
Message 5 of 17

Then I'm all out of ideas, sorry mate.

We had the same problems with an Exchange 2010 and i went through all the things listed. Recreating the database in a different location fixed our problem.

tlange
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 17

try removing/reinstalling the mcafee transport agents.

in the msme\bin\e2007 agents folder there will be up to 2 install/uninstall agent scripts.

install-agent.ps1

uninstall-agent.ps1

install-ASagent.ps1  --> this one and the uninstall will only be there if you have the anti-spam module installed.

uninstall-ASagent.ps1

first stop msme serivce

open the exchange shell and cd to the e2007 agents folder and run the uninstall scripts, restart the transport service and then run the install scripts.
start msme and see if you still have an issue.

if the issue persists i would suggest to open a ticket with support.

Will I need to reboot the server after de/installation?

tlange
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 17

no need to reboot.  just restarting the transport and msme services will be enough.

The issue persists...

tlange
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 17

can you do the following for me

open regedit to hklm\software\wow6432node\mcafee\msme\trace

look for dword Level and set value to 3.  create the dword if it isn't there

create string value called Path and set the value to a folder: ie c:\debug

restart msme service and wait for the 2045 to start.  then disable logging by setting level value back to 0 and stop the msme service

either post the logs or upload them to ftp://custftp2.nai.com/incoming/tlange

also what hotfixes are installed for msme?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community