cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MSME 8.0.7987.100 The McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange is not currently available. Please try again later.

Jump to solution

Hi folks,

First off - MSME is working fine locally on the exchange server, if I right click and run as admin. However up until yesterday it was also working from workstations, and now when you access the page, for a brief moment it works, and then redirects to the above message on /MSME/0409/html/NoConfig.html.

Any suggestions on how to bring back access ?

Second - I cannot seem to replicate or cause the MSME to detect profanity in emails, no matter how salty I get !

Any pointers on this would be great.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: MSME 8.0.7987.100 The McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange is not currently available. Please try again later.

Jump to solution

For Console - did you install StandaloneUI on workstations form original installer or are you trying access the interface over WebUI (Browser) from workstations??

For DLP and Compliance Scanning - obviously is it enabled in the Policy you are using??

Have you set up and applied custom content rules or are you applying rules from default sets in "Policy Manager - Shared Resources"?? 

Are the words you are testing in the rules that you have applied??

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: MSME 8.0.7987.100 The McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange is not currently available. Please try again later.

Jump to solution

For Console - did you install StandaloneUI on workstations form original installer or are you trying access the interface over WebUI (Browser) from workstations??

For DLP and Compliance Scanning - obviously is it enabled in the Policy you are using??

Have you set up and applied custom content rules or are you applying rules from default sets in "Policy Manager - Shared Resources"?? 

Are the words you are testing in the rules that you have applied??

Jump to solution

Hi Aidan,

I'm accessing via the browser on the workstation, using IE or Chrome or Mozilla, makes no difference. If I try the browser on the server, it doesn't work either. However if I use the UI on the server ( i think Mozilla based) it works fine.

I'll double check my policy for DLP and get back to you.

Thanks

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

On startmenu items for McAfee Security for Exchange you should have item called "Access control" - have you changed any details here??

The MSME webui application is under the "Default Website" in IIS - have any changes been made here??

Jump to solution

Aidan - thanks for your help, looks like an admin made a change and restricted my access.

also have profanity filter working 100%

Jump to solution

Make sure you are using the FQDN in the MSME URL, otherwise you will get:

"The McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange is not currently available. Please try again later."

If you only use the hostname as below, you will get a Certificate error (address mismatch):

Wrong

hxxps://<hostname>/MSME

Right

hxxps://<hostname>.mydomain.com/MSME

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.