Did you mean: 
kao
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

MSME 7.6 - delegating access

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Is it possible to delegate access to MSME to help/service desk technicians?  I'm looking for a way for them to access the detected items database and release items as necessary.

It looks like the MSME web interface would be an ideal way to go about this but I can't see any documentation on how to setup access.  Accessing via the desktop link to http://localhost/MSME/index.html works fine on the server.  Accessing the website from another computer using a URL of http://servername/MSME/index.html produces a page saying "The McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange is not currently available. Please try again later.".

Is there a way to configure remote access to the MSME website to delegate access to administer MSME?

Environment : Windows 2008 R8, Exchange 2010 SP1, MSME 7.6 - all products full patched.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kao
Level 9
Message 2 of 8

Re: MSME 7.6 - delegating access

Jump to solution

Sorry - I should have look more carefully:

Start Menu / All Programs / McAfee / Security for Microsoft Exchange / Access Control.

Use the Access Control program to add access.  There is no granularity to the access, its all or nothing but thats better than nothing.

7 Replies
kao
Level 9
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Sorry - I should have look more carefully:

Start Menu / All Programs / McAfee / Security for Microsoft Exchange / Access Control.

Use the Access Control program to add access.  There is no granularity to the access, its all or nothing but thats better than nothing.

Jump to solution

does anybody know if this website works in MSME 8.0?

Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Yes it is designed pretty much same way as MSME 7.6

Jump to solution

i'm  not sure. it works on Exchange with CAS and HUB role. But it doesn't work on Exchange with Mailbox role

I see the following message on Exchange with mailbox role:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Message was edited by: Krzysztof.Witkowski on 4/15/13 3:39:05 AM CDT
McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

the reason it doesn't work on the mailbox server is that by default, not all the iis web components are installed for the webui to work.  see this kb article to get it working on a mailbox server.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB77319&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

Jump to solution

Thank You very much. It works now well.

Jump to solution

Another Tip:  Make sure you are using the FQDN in the MSME URL, otherwise you will likely get:

"The McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange is not currently available. Please try again later."

If you only use the hostname as below, you will likely get a Certificate error (address mismatch):

Wrong

hxxps://<hostname>/MSME

Right

hxxps://<hostname>.mydomain.com/MSME

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community