Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_bk
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

MSDW reference installation

hi,

kindly how can we configure servers as primary and secondary servers, it is not mentioned in the documents?

and when i do in protection manager the configuration type as reference, and adding the server ips and name it gives me a message "authentication failed,local and reference server are not cross certified"

any help??

6 Replies
m_bk
Level 9
Message 2 of 7

Re: MSDW reference installation

any ports are required for referenced configurations??

Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

It is checking for usage of domino replication - cross certification error is suggesting this is not possible as the servers are not trusted.

Standard replication port is 1352 (if I remember correctly)

(reference is dependent on Domino Replication of <dominodata>\McAfee\mcafeeconfig.nsf from your primary server to same nsf on other server(s)).

m_bk
Level 9
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

The authentication error is not exist anymore. The sys admin solve it and we creat a replica task for mcafeeconfig.nsf and the port is open, but the configs are not pushed to secondary yet.

Any other thoughts??

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hopefully you don't have ePO management "and" trying this?? If its receiving ePO policy - this overrides.

But when you make a change on primary in msdw config and click apply.

e.g. make a change to something obvious - Settings & Diags  - Server Specific Settings - Mail Notifications

For test purposes make notification Sender something like ReplicationTest@yourdomain.com

Within 2 to 3 mins - this should be reflected in local mcafeeconfig.nsf (you can open this in Dom Admin or Notes)

You can see the mcafeeconfig.xml - open it in Browser and search for "ReplicationTest" you will see detail and its location

On this is in place on Primary - do your push replication or command - and check domino console or logs for errors.

If replication push was successful go to Secondary server again open the mcafeeconfig.nsf - look at the mcafeeconfig.xml

It would clarify if replication was actually successful if the mcafeeconfig on secondary server has the ReplicationTest@yourdomain.com.

If it does within a 2 to 3 mins this should be replicated to the config you open - don't leave it open - close and reopen to check changes.

m_bk
Level 9
Message 6 of 7

HI,

regarding to epo, i am using McAfee agent to update the MSDW DATs and engines, so no MSDW extension installed.

regarding to the replication test, that is a good hint i will try it.

thanks,

m_bk
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I did the test you recommended before.

And i checked the mcafeeconfig.nsf on the secondary server and the changes is wrotten on the database. But still in the interface did not catch the changes

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator