Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasu
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

How to install MSME 8.6 and Anti-Spam via ePO

Hi @ All

I have a problem installing Anti-Spam of McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.6 via a client-task pushed by our ePO.

At first I installed MSME8.6 as a client-task pushed by our ePO 5.3.1. This installation was successful. Then I searched for a kind of Anti-Spam ePO package but only found the MSME_AS_Activation_Deployment. This installation aborted by an “unknown error”. Downloading und manually installing this package show the error “The activation of the Ant-Spam feature was aborted because the feature is not available” – this makes sense

I found in this community another article around this topic:  McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.6 and McAfee Anti-Spam but this is no solution for the MSME 8.6 - there is no AntiSpam folder as described in the linked manual.

The product documentation of MSME8.6 describe only the manually installation of MSME and the Anti-Spam feature.

When I open Microsoft programs and feature and editing the MSME, I would be able to modify the installation and enable the Anti-Spam component. But this task also failed by an “Error 1720.problem with the Windows installer-package” in “McCopyExSpecificFilesToBin, skripterror -2146828218, runtime error in Microsoft VBScript: access denied, row 32, column 4,”

So…is it possible to install the Anti-Spam feature by a client-task or do I need to install the MSME manually for getting the Anti-Spam?

Hopefully that someone can understand and help me 

Regards,

Sascha

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to install MSME 8.6 and Anti-Spam via ePO

The McAfee AntiSpam addon is part of the Full Set Downloadable package from McAfee Site with Grant number.

This contains

MSME_AS_Deployment_Eval.zip - this can be used to check into and deploy from ePO

AND

ASAddon_x64_Eval.exe - for local install.

The MSME_AS_Activation_Deployment you mention above is the Activation Package that will convert the EVAL Antispam addon to Full Licensed.

sasu
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Hi aarmstro,

thank you for your quick reply

I downloaded the MSME package from the McAfee homepage unzipped it and find the anti-spam ASAddOn_x64_Eval.exe file.

But now the installation of it failed “McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.5 is needed” Why? The installation file is fresh out of the MSMEv86_x64L zip file…

Do you know why?

MSME 8.6 (and I believe anything 8.0 and up) will likely fail if you have a previous installation of a older anti spam module. 

Dont forget, Exchange needs to be in Maintenance mode BEFORE starting this process.

add\remove programs, remove anti spam module if present

then install MSME

then install new anti spam module

reboot

Take Exchange out of Maintenanc emode and return to production mode

Send test email internally and externally (inbound and outbound to verify routing\delivery)

KPE

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community