Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Groupshield OnAccess Error

Server Windows 2008 Standard

Exchange 2010 SP2

GroupShield SP2   7.0.1406.110

ePO 4.6.6 (Build 176)

I have just applied HF722718 (GS was at 7.0.913.100 prior to upgrade)

Now getting an error in the following error every minute or so in the Event Viewer - Windows Logs > Application

The OnAccess (Transport) scanner failed to scan the item "with error Context:TNEF Message HandlerLevel:1ID:10004Message:TNEF format invalid.

Can anyone help please

2 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Groupshield OnAccess Error

There is a further fix available at download site which may help with this - GSE702HF788517

Also you could try delete/rename the following file <install folder>\\bin\eServices\EFMThtmlparse.dll if it exists

(this will require a gse service restart.

I would state that with Hotfix 722781 in place - this puts you in a position that would support upgrading to latest version - MSME8 (and could bypass  MSME 7.6) - latest version would be recommended as EOL for GSE products is looming at end of Q1 next year anyway)  

End of Support (EOS) announcement for McAfee GroupShield for Exchange 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 (KB77285)

Highlighted

Re: Groupshield OnAccess Error

Thanks for the information. Yes, the reason why I installed HF722781 was because it is a pre-requisite for going to  MSME8 so I think that will be my next step.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community