Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Groupshield 7.0.1 won't allow emails to be sent in a cluster enviroment

I have Exchange 2003 set up on 2 cluster servers with ePO Agent 4.0 installed.  I have Groupshield 7.0.1 installed on both through ePO and ran the Hotfix GSE7SP1HF447121 manually on each server.  I created the resource for Groupshield on the cluster.  Now when I turn on the Groupshield service, no users can send out emails.  They just queue up in their outbox till I turn off the Groupshield service.  Are there exclusions I need to add in VirusScan that may help?  Is the Hotfix 488686 the answer?  Please help.  I have no clue why GroupShield is preventing emails to be sent out in a cluster environment whwen it works perfectly for me for the last 6 months in a non cluster exchange server.

Thank you,

-Mike

1 Reply
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Groupshield 7.0.1 won't allow emails to be sent in a cluster enviroment

Are there any 2045 errors in the app log?   Are there any postgres processes starting up.  it sounds like the rpcserv process isn't getting fully loaded but i can't tell just from your description of the issue.

The easiest thing you could do is call in to support and open a ticket.  Someone should be able to work with you to get you up and running.

the hot fix you mentioned (488686) is actually superceded by hot fix 528662.  I would suggest getting this newer hot fix installed.  to get this hot fix you will also need to call into support.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community