cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Groupshield 6.0 to 7.0 upgrade issue

Hi,
I am at client side and upgrading Groupshield for Exchange 2003 6.0 to 7.0. I followed below steps. We have Exchange 2003 + SP2.

1/ Export config file from 6.0
2/Upgrade from 6.0 to 6.0.2
3/ import the configuration file. All the policy were confirmed. Export config from 6.0.2
4/ Upgrade to 7.0 It has not carry forward configuration from old (6.0.2) version which it suppose to.
5/ Importing Config file from 6.0.2 gives error "file format not supported".
6/ Upgrade to 7.0.1 and try to import config file which gives same error.

Any help on this import issue or how to continue old config file on 7.0.1.

Apart from that can any one confirm that Outbreak Manager replaced by which add on feature in 7.0.1 version.

As i am at client end i need reply asap.

Thanks in advance.
3 Replies

RE: Groupshield 6.0 to 7.0 upgrade issue

Was the config file exported to a .cfg or .xml?

Is groupshield 7 working? You may find that the default settings work fine, and not need to change anything.

I didn't really bother as 7.x is really different from the older version but upgrade is supported ... but still think it's better to set it up from scratch.

Read the docs, it's all there (actually not really helpful if you run into some trouble) https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/20000/PD20100/en_US/...

And if it doesn't work ... blame McAfee wink

Yes, that's what I do all the time when messing with ePO or GSE, test it in virtual environment.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center