Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hentie
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

GroupsShield 7 patch 1 and Exchange 2007 SP 0 having mail queues buildup

We have 3 clients running GroupShield 7. Two of these clients have Exchange 2007 and are experiencing intermittently mail que buildup on the exchange servers. To resolve this, the engineers stop the GroupShield service and the mails flow through. Afterwards they enable GroupShield again.

Trying to resolve this we have installed Patch 1 for GroupShield 7 and path 6 for VirusScan 8.5i. However the problem persist.
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
8 Replies
_SEAL_
Level 7
Message 2 of 9

RE: GroupsShield 7 patch 1 and Exchange 2007 SP 0 having mail queues buildup

Did you resolve the problem?
What is the solution?
Hentie
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

Need to uninstall groupshield completely. (Make sure the GroupShield directories are deleted)
Upgrade Exchange 2007 to SP 1
Install GroupShield again.
Install GroupShield Patch 1
Install GroupShield HF432107

Hope this help
_SEAL_
Level 7
Message 4 of 9

thanks, but my Groupshield is installed on Ex2007+SP1, and I have Patch 1, HF432107
but mail queues exist (
what else it can be?
Hentie
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

Sorry... I discribed what we did.
Don't know if you upgraded the servicepack of exchange after groupshield was installed.

My understanding is, it's something to do with the exchange mail connectors and groupshield. To reset them you have to uninstall and re-install groupshield.
Apparently to problem only gets worse when you install servicepack 1 for exchange when groupshield is on the server.

Where is your store to the GSE-quarantine db? Since GSE7 I think the store must be a locale harddisk. Try to define the qdb to a local store and restart the gse-service. Please reply your result here!

Michael
Hentie
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

The store is locale in both GroupShield and Exchange. It's also not running within a cluster. Basically a stand alone system.

Today we have changed the QDB store from network to local disk (ePO4 policy). After starting GSE7 service we have mail queues buildup and the QDB was not createt. We changed GSE7 service from manual to automatic and restart the Exchange server (very long time for shutdown - aproximatly 15 minutes!). After restarting the Exchange server the GSE7 service is starting without errors and the QDB was created - so I think GSE7 can create a new QDB only during startup the complete Exchange server - restarting GSE7 service after changing the location makes headache...

Another bug we have to fix is the webinterface console (not working) - but this is another thread...

Regards

Michael
Hentie
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

After re-trying another possible "solution" only to have to problem re-occur have I been told to install ForeFront. The client is losing money due to mails not arriving when queues buildups delays mails.
I'm now down to 2 clients and they have already expressed wishes to follow the other client and start installing ForeFront.

From me it's the end of trying to resolve this problem, switching to a product that comes free with to Microsoft corporate agreement.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community