cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GroupShield Alert Settings

When configuring GSE 7.0.1 in ePO 4.0, I want to make use of Mail Notifications. Even though everything appears to be setup correctly, mails are not coming through (we are receiving mails from our GSE 6.x installations). I believe it is because the 'Alert Settings' are enabled but the setting is greyed out so I cannot disable this.

Do you know how to edit the policy so that I can disable the Alerts?

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: GroupShield Alert Settings

Method for setting Mail Notifcations in GSE 701 Extension in ePO is :-

ePO Interface - Systems - Policy Catalog - Product Select "Groupshield For Exchange 7.0.0" - Category "Mail Notifications".

There is no item "Alert Settings" on this screen so description has confused me slightly. Can you clarify?? 

Thanks. See attached. This is on the Master Policy - Miscellaneous - Alert Settings screen.

McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

that page is for renaming the warning.txt file or adding a header/footer to the warning file and changing the format from plain text to html.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

the mail notifications section in the gse 7 policy is the only place to setup the groupshield notification.  what version of exchange is gse 7 running on 2k3 or 2k7?  the alert settings section doesn't determine if the notifications are sent.  also make sure that in the on-access policy you have it set to at least notify the admin if something is detected.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community