cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

GroupShield Alert Settings

When configuring GSE 7.0.1 in ePO 4.0, I want to make use of Mail Notifications. Even though everything appears to be setup correctly, mails are not coming through (we are receiving mails from our GSE 6.x installations). I believe it is because the 'Alert Settings' are enabled but the setting is greyed out so I cannot disable this.

Do you know how to edit the policy so that I can disable the Alerts?

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: GroupShield Alert Settings

Method for setting Mail Notifcations in GSE 701 Extension in ePO is :-

ePO Interface - Systems - Policy Catalog - Product Select "Groupshield For Exchange 7.0.0" - Category "Mail Notifications".

There is no item "Alert Settings" on this screen so description has confused me slightly. Can you clarify?? 

Thanks. See attached. This is on the Master Policy - Miscellaneous - Alert Settings screen.

McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

that page is for renaming the warning.txt file or adding a header/footer to the warning file and changing the format from plain text to html.

McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

the mail notifications section in the gse 7 policy is the only place to setup the groupshield notification.  what version of exchange is gse 7 running on 2k3 or 2k7?  the alert settings section doesn't determine if the notifications are sent.  also make sure that in the on-access policy you have it set to at least notify the admin if something is detected.

Want to Ask a Question?
Many members like to perform a search first in case other customers have already asked and answered a similar question. However, to ask a question, first select a forum then click on Post a Topic. You must sign in or log in with your existing credentials.

McAfee Service Portal customers please use your existing username and password to log into the community.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community