cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GroupShield 7.0 Error 2147746319

Hy, i have setup groupshield 7.0 on exchange 2007 SP1 .When attempting to release quarantined items from the GroupShield the following error is generated:

ERROR: Operation failed with error 2147746319

i searched McAfee knowledge base but couldn't find the solution, the closest problem i found was this one Link, but the solution didn't work for me

Any help pleaseSmiley Sad
8 Replies

Any help

can anyone help me solve itSmiley Surprised

I am having the same problem

I am now having the same problem. A couple of weeks ago, I was having a problem where messages on my CAS/HUB ( I am Exchange 2007 with Groupshield 7.0 ) were being deleted and not sent with no notification. I turned out that after an automatic update, the Groupshield service had been left in the stopping state. Since the messages were failing to scan because the service had been stopped, Groupshield was deleting the messages with no notification to the sender.

I called Gold Technical Support and after 4 days they told me that the behavior was expected behavior. I challenged the Gold Technical Support "Level II" engineer to provide me with documentation that the planned feature response to a Groupshield service abnormal termination was to delete all messages without notification. Obviously, he could not. BTW, this was after 4 days arguing with tech support to get to a "Level II" engineer.

After another day of telling me that the messages were unrecoverable, the engineer was able to assist me with modifying the registry so that I could release the messages ( around 2300 messages). Note that this only sends the message back to the original sender indicating that it was quarantined by Groupshield. At least they know that the message was not sent and they can resend. On some of the messages I received the Javascript error when trying to release the messages. I had to skip these messages and they were lost with no notification to the sender.

The same problem occured yesterday. I have 234 messages that were deleted and 100 of them are unrecoverable. BTW, you will probably see that you have duplicates for each message when you review them under Deleted Messages in the Groupshield console. One that just has Quarantined.eml as the file name with no action and one that says Quarantined.eml with Deleted Message as the action.

After the first incident, I converted several of my mailbox servers to Microsoft Forefront. It works like a charm and I got a significant performance boost. All of the VSS error messages that I was getting in the event log are now gone. I will now convert the rest of my systems to Forefront in the future.

If you call Mcafee support you will be amazed by the response. A protection suite that silently deletes messages is not something that anyone wants but they don't seem to get it.
Highlighted

Re: Any help

Did you ever resolve this problem. I have the same error here on my system.

Thanks Mario

Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 9

Possibilities :-

In the registry at HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\McAfee\Groupshield for Exchange\E2007 is there (a) valid ipaddress(es) specified at HubTxSvrAddr for your hub servers(s)?

If not go to the Exchange Management Shell - cd down to your <Groupshield Install Folder>\bin\E2007 Agents

enter

.\GetHubTxDetails.ps1 

If you get errors report to support.

If not check now if the reg key (above) is populated - test release again.

(need valid Hub server details to send the release mail to)

Or

Is Anonymous Access denied at Hub Transport Receive Connectors??

Aidan, thanks for the information but it did not help. Both are already set correct.

I turned on debug logging and added the log file.

Message was edited by: blindpepper on 7/2/10 7:22:55 AM GMT+01:00
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Could you confirm for me if this happens to all mails??

e.g. if you send a mail to yourself or a co-worker (internally in the same domain) which can be qtined - do you have a problem releasing that??

Or is the problem related to mail(s) which has (have) external recipient on the "to" or "cc" list??? 

Aidan,

I'm testing with internal mail, mail send to myself.

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

OK I would advise getting a case open in support so the full details on the issue can be gathered.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.