cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GroupShield 6.0 DAT not updating

Hi,

I have recently been asked to administer our McAfee environment and I have noticed that our Exchange servers all have out of date DAT versions. The DAT/Definition Deployment report within EPO displays 4.4.00 4.0.4554. When I connect to McAfee GroupShield on the server it says the DAT Version is 4554-1, DAT Date is 2005-08-09, Engine Version 4.4.00.

When I navigate to C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee GroupShield\bin\DATs I can see hundreds of folders that I imagine should contain the DAT, but they are all empty apart from folders 4554, 4554-1 and Default. So can the problem be with unpacking the DAT and loading it? If so how can this be resolved?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
4 Replies
McAfee Employee dshah1
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: GroupShield 6.0 DAT not updating

Hi Mark,

The Engine is running a very older version. Download the latest Superdat file from http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise and run this using /f switch

Example:    c:\download\sdatxxxx.exe  /f

you will need to reboot the server after this. Now, run an update task and you should have your DATs updated to the current version,

Also, you should consider upgrading to GSE 7.0.1 as 6.x is going to be EOL'ed soon. you may have a look at http://www.mcafee.com/us/enterprise/support/customer_service/end_life.html for EOL information.

Best Regards,

Divyesh

Hi Divyesh,

That seems to have worked on the first server.  I will see how that handles future updates and then perform the same proceedure on the other two servers we have here.

Thanks

Mark

McAfee Employee dshah1
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Great to hear that it helped.

I second Divyesh's comment on upgrading to GSE 7.x as the 6.x is a month away from being EOL.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community