Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delta1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

GS7P1, Exchange 2007 on 64bit Windows 2008 Cluster

Has anyone gotten this to work? GS7 Looks to be a 32bit app, hotfixed with 404014 to sort of play with 64 bit. I've been trying to get it to run for weeks now (and every time I uninstall it, it's a pain to reinstall)

I do have a support case opened, but they don't seem to be able to help much. Anybody else wrestling with this?
3 Replies

RE: GS7P1, Exchange 2007 on 64bit Windows 2008 Cluster

I have a call open too - GSE 7 service pack 1 is the first version with full support of W2K8-64Bit. The first release time 10. november is gone. A McAfee supporter has sent the following answer to me:
"Sadly there has been a slight hold up in this release - new release date being discussed."

McAfee - come on - W2K8 is out since february - I think they had a good sleep during beta of W2K8...

Michael
Delta1
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

RE: GS7P1, Exchange 2007 on 64bit Windows 2008 Cluster

GS7 SP1 was released on Thursday. We installed it (lo and behold, it actually installed without errors) and so far it's actually running fine. No crashing, no errors so far.

Make sure you remove all previous versions and patches from EPO first, and if you did sort of get the previous version installed on a server, uninstall it and delete the folders and clean up the registry first. Also, we used the newest agent as well.
moosbo
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Problem with GSE 7 on windows 2008 (x64)

Hello,everyone!
We have problem to get reports from the GSE 7 with SP1 on Exchange 2007 OS w2k8 x64. The GSE is working properly but when it detects something so will it not send the information back to the ePO.
Does anyone had the same problem and solved it.:confused:

GSE7 with SP1 on W2k8 Ent
ePO 4.0 with SP1 on w2k3 Ent SP2
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community