cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

GS6 on SBS2003 - DAT Files Accumulating!

Hello.

I'm working with a SBS2003 that has GroupShield 6 installed. I was running out of space on my boot drive when i noticed that on the folder where GS is installed had almost 2GB of old DAT files that are stored there. Do they need to be there? Is there any way I can configure GS so it deletes the old DAT files after a certain period of time? What options do I have? (besides incrementing my storage space)

Thanks,
J
2 Replies
Highlighted

Purge dat files

Hello John,

When u need to get rid of these dat files, i recommend a batch file.
Within GS there is a file called purgeolddefinitions.exe (i mean its located in the bin (or it should be put there))

Run this from a dosbox with the number of dats you'd like to leave.

Example purgeolddefinitions 5 (leaves 5 former dat files) and cleanes out the rest.
If you schedule this weekly/daily the your server should be ok.
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

RE: Purge dat files

Hello,

i've the same Problem and already activated Purgeoldfiledefinitions on my SBS 2003 System. But the Dat files also appear in my C:\windows\temp Folder. Could someone give me a Tip how to solve this?

Thanks
E. N
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community