Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ittech
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

From Groupshield to MSME

Jump to solution

I've been tasked with upgrading our Exchange 2003 Server from GroupShield 7.0.716.103 to MSME 7.6. I've just started looking through the product guide, but I just wanted to ask some general questions.

• Does anyone have any regrets after they upgraded?

• Is anyone extremely happy they upgraded and are the improvements that much better?

• Not to sound like too much of a beginner for this, but MSME only covers the Exchange software, the server itself still needs protection with VSE correct?

Thanks for all of your help!

Message was edited by: ittech on 4/19/12 9:57:15 AM EDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Re: From Groupshield to MSME

Jump to solution

The GSE701P1RU2 can be installed directly on 7.0.716.103 - it is a complete package containing previous HFs, P1 and P1_RU1.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

GSE version 7.0.713.103 cannot be upgraded to MSME - it needs to have at least a Patch 1 installed first  - latest Patch is GSE701P1RU2.

(available for download at McAfee site with your grant number)

MSME, as GSE doesalready,  only protects mail flow/mail items in store. - It does not provide disk scanning or file system scanning - this as you point out is handled by VSE.

ittech
Level 13
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

That's why I included that tidbit of information

If I'm reading the download page correctly all I need is GSE701Patch1R2 or is it a two step process of installing GSE701Patch1 first?

Thanks again!

Message was edited by: ittech on 4/19/12 10:10:52 AM EDT
Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

The GSE701P1RU2 can be installed directly on 7.0.716.103 - it is a complete package containing previous HFs, P1 and P1_RU1.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community