cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2013 SP1 and MSME 8.x

Jump to solution

I installed Exchange 2013 SP1 over the weekend and then the Exchange transport service stopped working (it would start and then stop again). After removing MSME everything started flowing again just fine. I then re-installed MSME 8, first the main pack, then patch 1, then update rollup 1. Now I get a message that MSME fails to load the transport service:

The service failed to load TransportScan module on '03/03/2014 12:43:51'.

1. Restart the service.
2. Restart the McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange service.
3. Check whether the processes SAFeService.exe, RPCServ.exe, and postgres.exe are started.
4. Check the Windows event log for more details.
5. Please contact McAfee Technical Support.

So no scanning takes place...

Suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tlange
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 35 of 35

Re: Exchange 2013 SP1 and MSME 8.x

Jump to solution

Thomas,

here is a kb to help you get msme started on exchange 2013 sp1 after installing msme rollup1.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB81426

View solution in original post

34 Replies
carnold
Level 7
Message 2 of 35

Jump to solution

We have the same problem and (dont shoot the messenger) there isnt good news. MSME 8.x DOES NOT support SP1. See KB81356. No workaround except to uninstall MSME or what we did was disable the transport agents. However, your users will not have AV and AS protection! The support person said there isnt a beta/RC hotfix for this and they do not have an ETA!! If you want to disable the transport agents, run:

get-transportagent to list the transport agents

disable-transportagent <identity from cmd above>

Jump to solution

The situation from Windows 8.1/Office 2013/Windows Server 2012R2 and VSE 8.8 Patch 4 all over again: McAfee is not compatiable with anything new from Microsoft... Very frustratining.

Jump to solution

I did try this as well: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2938053 without any success.

1. removed MSME completely
  2. restarted server
  3. ran MS script from kb article
  4. reinstalled MSME: first full package, then patch 1, then rollup 1 for patch 1
  5. MSExchange Transport service refused to start.
  6. Tried to restart server. Still no luck. Re-ran MS script. Still no success.

had to remove MSME again to restore Exchange transport functionality.

tlange
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 35

Jump to solution

do you have hot fix 939908 installed for msme?

tlange
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 35

Jump to solution

Thomas,

the fix from microsoft is actually addressing the problem and the steps you performed are correct.  right now the minimum level that msme needs to be at to work with sp1 is msme8 rtw + Patch1

with regards to what you are seeing, the issue could be that the correct agent dlls are not getting installed due to it being sp1.  can you look in the msme\bin\e2007agents folder and see if the following files are present:

McComInteropX64.dll  - version 8.0.8072

McTxAgentX64.dll  - version 8.0.7987

McTxIpAgent.dll  - version 8.0.7987

McUtilX64.dll - version 8.0.7987

also i wanted to let anyone reading this post know that windows 2012 r2 is now a supported platform for msme 8.  see KB76903

summest
Level 7
Message 7 of 35

Jump to solution

I see there is a Microsoft fix in the form of a PowerShell script.

http://windowsitpro.com/blog/exchange-2013-sp1-bug-breaks-third-party-products?NL=%28News_WIN_BW_Exc...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=42065

Would this resolve the issue?  I was getting ready to call in for support help and a friend passed this to me this afternoon.

-Summest

mhlavinka
Level 7
Message 8 of 35

Jump to solution

tlange, KB76903 doesn't list Exchange 2013 SP1 (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76903&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...).  Is it incorrect?

tlange
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 35

Jump to solution

exchange 2k13 sp1 is supported with msme on the mailbox server role.  since sp1 has brought back the edge role that still needs to be tested and certified with msme 8 so right now that component is not supported.

again the MS fix does correct the problem.  if our agents aren't loading it is most likely due to a file or files not being the correct version or that are missing from the e2007 agents folder. 

summest
Level 7
Message 10 of 35

Jump to solution

It seems that the MS Fix works!  Transport service is constantly running.  Very cool.

I have only installed MSME 8 and Patch1.  What hotfixes do you recommend or should I apply them all?

Also, what is the powershell command to see if everything is loaded correctly.  I forgot from Tuesday's on-the-phone troubleshooting session.

Thanks for your help.  If I can just verify that everything is running okay, I will be happy and content to carry on.

Thanks again,

Summest.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community