Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schoeys
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Exchange 2010

I installed excahnge 2010 on a server 2008 clean build RC2, no service packs, as it's a test server not on the network.
I managed to install exchange 2010 onto the server then GroupShield7, no reported errors during the installation, but the console won't open " McAfee groupshield for exchange is currently unavailable. please try later". Although it does briefly flash the dashboard page before failing.
Looking in services I can't see an instance of groupshield running?
Anyone tried this as a test and got it working?

Cheers
9 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 2 of 10

RE: Exchange 2010

Unfortunately I don't think GroupShield 7.0x will support Exchange 2K10 for the moment
Schoeys
Level 7
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the reply.
So far not seen anything to confirm whether or not GSE7 is compatable for testing with exchange 2010.
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 4 of 10

Hi Schoeys, you will find the compatibility chart here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51115
Schoeys
Level 7
Message 5 of 10

Cheers (gracias)

Will keep an eye on the posts, like I said just a test at the moment just to see what 2010 looked like. The with it working installed GSE7 to see if it would break, still able to send mail on the test domain, but not able to check the console for policies.
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 6 of 10

Schoeys, this can be interesting for you:

Dear McAfee GroupShield customer,

Microsoft is about to announce the release of MS Exchange 2010, and McAfee is updating GroupShield for Exchange to include support for Exchange 2010.

We are now pleased to announce the upcoming beta program for 'McAfee GroupShield for Exchange', with planned compatibility with MS Exchange 2010.

The GroupShield beta testing is expected to kick off by end of November 2009. We are currently in the process of identifying and signing up customers like you, who might be evaluating/ implementing Exchange 2010, and would like to beta test the next planned GroupShield for MS Exchange 2010.* More detailed beta testing instructions and dates will follow once you sign up

Schoeys
Level 7
Message 7 of 10

Thanks, I'll have a look at the web site and see if I can sign up, might be helpful.

Re: Exchange 2010

I've just posted the beta annoucement here: http://community.mcafee.com/thread/18536?tstart=0

Try to respect the RESTARTS when deploying, i think this might work :

So try to uninstall the groupshield 7 on your 2008 server then reboot...

Install the groupshield 7 again and reboot one more time...

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

McAfee Groupshield 7.0.2 for Microsoft Exchange 2010 is now officially released and posted to download sites.

This is the only version of McAfee Groupshield to support Exchange 2010.

Best Wishes for Christmas and New Year!!

Aidan 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community