cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 and GroupShield 7

Howdy - I think my GroupShield (7.0.609.120) is occasionally causing Exchange to lock up and not receive or send email (internal or external). I am running on top of Server 2008 64bit. I've got the following hotfixes installed:
404014, Patch1, 432107
Looking at the service pack field in the Product Information tab I don't see any Service Pack listed - should there be?
Anyway, around the times that I can't receive or send email I see quite a few of the following in the event log:
The execution time of agent 'McAfeeTxAgent' exceeded 300000 (milliseconds) while handling event 'OnEndOfData'. This is an unusual amount of time for an agent to process a single event. However, Transport will continue processing this message.
The Task Category is MExRuntime, the Source is MSExchange Extensibility and the event ID is 1050.
Has anyone seen this and if so, is it related to my problem?
Thanks!
Tags (2)
4 Replies
Highlighted

RE: Exchange 2007 and GroupShield 7

Hello, did you ever figure this out. We have the same errors on our 3 hub servers.

Thanks

Look at http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=227653 => No. #4

Where is your QDB stored - local or network? UAC enabled or disabled? Are you using SP1 of GSE7 (only GSE7 with SP1 is officially supportet on W2K8-64bit)? What SP and HotFixRollup of Exchange 2007 are installed?

Regards
Michael

the problem was solved after restarting the exchange transport services

Hello,
I have the same Problem on an Exchange 2007 Edge Server. The OS is Windows Server 2003 64bit.
It seems that it occurs if a Mail is considered as SPAM and should be forwarded to my MQM Server. After I restart exchangetransport it works for a while and then fails again.
In my application log a event is created, saying: mcafeetxagent has used more than 300000ms for handeling the endofdata event.
Has anyone solved this?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community