cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't recieve e-mail without a attachment

From 1 customer of us we don't recieve there e-mails with sign and it looks it is send from a mobile device like iPhone/Samsung. That only happend when they send a e-mail without a attachment. But when they send it with a attachment like a PDF it will arrive normal. In the McAfee group policy I see when they send without a attachment that there mails are corrupted and they action that McAfee made is: Replaced. Is this a problem by us or something there ?

Thanks!

7 Replies
Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Don't recieve e-mail without a attachment

Whats exact version number of GSE?? 

What is exact replacement message??

I don't see any version numbers of GSE. Only of ePO. That is 4.5.0 Build 851

Message was edited by: jdonkers on 1/16/12 9:24:15 AM CST
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

In your System Tree - Server hosting Exchange/GSE if you click on it - in installed products list what is reported??

Or

Locally on Exchange server - Open McAfee Groupshield for Exchange Console - in the Dashboard look at Product Infofmation Tab - Product Version

Got it, version: 7.0.716.103 SP1

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

There is a change to the way certaing Corruption symptoms are handled in GSE701Patch1RollUp2 - this is available for download from the McAfee Site with your Grant Number - would advise to install that.  The Package to download and install is GSE701P1RU2.zip. 

Oke thanks for the advice. I will contact my boss when he is in and ask him the Grant Number. I don't have that.

But is this already a known problem or not ? I hope it will be solved with the update.

Thanks!

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

In meantime you could set Corrupt Content to "Allow Through" or create a sub Policy based on the sender smtp address e.g *.senderdomain.com

Set that to inherit all settings from your Master Policy except for corrupt content - set that to allow through.

You stated you have ePO - if this is managing GSE then make either of these changes in GSE Policy - Scanner Settings.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center