cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT 6682 may trigger message scan failures and a subsequent system crashes in the following McAfee products:

DAT 6682 may trigger message scan failures and a subsequent system crashes in the following McAfee products:

•McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 7.x

•McAfee Security for Lotus Domino 7.x

•GroupShield for Exchange 7.x

•Groupshield for Domino 7.x

•McAfee Email Gateway (MEG) 7.x

•McAfee Email and Web Security (EWS) 5.x

More info here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB70380

18 Replies

Re: DAT 6682 may trigger message scan failures and a subsequent system crashes in the following McAfee products:

Looks like the problems are continuing with 6683. We have multiple servers in multiple companies with DAT updates to 6683 last night and have since had problems with stores crashing and dismounting.

Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 19

Re: DAT 6682 may trigger message scan failures and a subsequent system crashes in the following McAfee products:

You state stores dismounting so its MSME7.6 or GSE70x?? (which exact versions)??

Can the product service be stopped correctly?? (are all processes leaving task manager - safeservice.exe, rpcserv.exe (2), postmaster.exe (only there if GSE not running latest fixes), postgres.exe (several). If not all killed please remove from task manager and then start service

Does issue persist??

GSE 7.0.1 with DAT 6683 on Exchange 2007. We have stopped the Group Shield service after which the stores become available again to the Outlook clients.

This is after the server has been restarted in an attempt to make the stores available again.

Tristan
Level 15
Message 6 of 19

I'm running GSE 7.0.1 with DAT 6683 on Exchange 2007 with no issues so far (touch wood, fingers crossed, lucky rabbits foot, etc).

However my ePO scheduled pull last night failed so my exchange server went from 6681 to 6683 (skipping 6682).

What are the symptoms you have on 6683 (i.e. multiple failure event ) so that i can keep an eye out

Message was edited by: Tristan on 17/04/12 12:01:46 IST
thiru
Level 7
Message 7 of 19

Hi Tristan,  did you have any issue once you were on 6683?

mattf37
Level 7
Message 8 of 19

Check you safe folder in Windows\temp dir. we had over 50GB of crap generated there since yesterday evening.

thiru
Level 7
Message 9 of 19

Both exchange that had the issue had no files in windows\temp\safe.  I had a call with McAfee and they advice to not to install 6682 and 6683.  They released 6684 earlier today.

interesting, the files that had taken 50gb of space were all created yesterday evening so the dat would have been the cause. Obviously something was different on our server to cause this.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community