cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hms1
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Anti-Spam License Type Evaluation Expired in ePO even though Activation has ran on exchage server.

Hi woundered if any one could assist with this,

In the MSME Console I saw the following message :-

Anti-Spam Engine Version

Anti-Spam License Expiry  Date

02/17/2014 11:00:10

Anti-Spam License Type

Evaluation Expired

After running the Activation all was OK however in ePO it still says 'Evaluation Expired' Do I need to install the Activation into ePO and if so will I also need to deploy it or will ePO then see that its activated?

or is there anything else that should be done?

Many thanks in advance,

4 Replies

Re: Anti-Spam License Type Evaluation Expired in ePO even though Activation has ran on exchage server.

Moved to the point product group/

Reliable Contributor Aidan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Re: Anti-Spam License Type Evaluation Expired in ePO even though Activation has ran on exchage server.

Restart the local MSME Service - ensure that you can open the Interface and antispam settings without getting the expiry warning.

Do an Agent Wakeup cal from ePo to the MSME Box with Full Props request.

Refresh view in ePO of the machine propeties. 

Highlighted

Re: Anti-Spam License Type Evaluation Expired in ePO even though Activation has ran on exchage serv

I am having this same issue with MSME 8.6.

Agent wake ups have completed and is reporting correctly.  Anti Spam policy on ePO still shows expired, however running in licensed mode on both Exchange srvers.

Both servers have been rebooted and same results.  

Any ideas?

Kevin

Re: Anti-Spam License Type Evaluation Expired in ePO even though Activation has ran on exchage serv

Good morning,
I just went through this at a client site last week. Installed MSME 8.6 (fresh install). Installed Anti Spam Module downloaded from the customers McAfee\My Downloads site using their Grant. Both Exchange servers , when reviewed via local console on the Exchange server the Anti Spam console showed it was in licensed mode. When reviewing from the ePO, Anti Spam showed Evaluation or Expired. Repeated Agent Wake ups did not change the behavior.

The fix:
Switched from using Chrome browser to using IE to log into ePO console. There is a known issue with Google Chrome's "caching" that for an undetermined amount of time will cache some of the browser frames.

Kevin

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community