cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achp
Level 7

Truncated Relay list stops mail delivery

Running MEG 7.5. I have noticed that under Domain Routing if I set a relay list that is over 45 ish characters in length then the list is being truncated ending with three dots ... .

Three dots ... is not a valid ip address or domain name so stops the MEG from routing any emails. Mails are queued with a 0.0.0.0 442 error.

Has anybody else experienced this? It may be caused by our integration with ePO which holds the configuration. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
andyclements
Level 12

Re: Truncated Relay list stops mail delivery

I have relay lists that are well over 60 characters, and don't have an issue.  If you edit the list do you see individual entries, or are all on one line ending in the ...?

I undortunately don't have an ePO server in my lab, so I can't try it, but I would guess that may be playing a role in this.

0 Kudos
achp
Level 7

Thanks for the reply. I believe it is ePO that is writing a truncated list to the server. I can successfully edit the list in the MEG and mail starts to flow again but it is overwritten in the truncated format by ePO. The configuration looks ok on the ePO server.

0 Kudos
andyclements
Level 12

I would contact (MEG) support.  They may file a bug report regarding the ePO extension.  They also have some tools to test the matter further.

0 Kudos