cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Send Email to specific IP address

Hello Guys,

Well, I have a problem in my work with email server.
I need sent email to organization that have MX1 with IP 121.121.121.121 configured in one ISP, and, MX2 IP 123.123.123.123 configured in another.
The problem is, when I send email to that organization and the message is treat it by MX1, IP 121.121.121.121, I receive the follow warning "Connection can't be accepted!|<client doesn't have reverse DNS", but when is the MX2, IP 123.123.123.123, this do not.
Are there any way in McAfee Email Gateway to set a specific IP address to delivery all message?

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Send Email to specific IP address

Hi Angelo,

Hope you are doing well.

So if I understand your query properly you want that if you want to send email to domain abc.com (for example), MEG should do a DNS lookup to get MX records instead should always make connection with IP Address 1.1.1.1 to connect to this domain.

This is acehiveable  and you can make configuration for the same by taking MEG GUI access-> Navigate to option Email->Email configuration->Sending Email->Delivering Eamil->Domain Routing.

Under Domian Routing option , you need to click on Add Relay List option , add an entry if domain is abc.com  and Relay List/MX record  entry will be 1.1.1.1

NOTE:- abc.com and 1.1.1.1 are used as an example here.

You go also go through MEG prodocut guide to know more about this option.

Regards

Alok Sarda

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Send Email to specific IP address

Hi Angelo,

Hope you are doing well.

Just checking were you abel to test the solution provided in my previous post and check?

Regards

ALok Sarda

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community