cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klara
Level 10

Mcafee Content Security Blade Server

Hi,

Can you help me, how interconnect the Mcafee Blade Server C7 with the Network?

I have one master and one failover blade, and we are going to use the transparent route mode.

I know how many IP i need to use but i don't know how to interconnect the bays with the router, do i need one port to LAN1 for Master Blade and one port for Failover Blade  And one port LAN2 for Master Blade and one port for Failover Blade.

Do you have any documentation about it?, i have information about the Blade instalation and configuration but not about interconetion.

Thanks a lot for your support.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
eplossl
Level 11

Re: Mcafee Content Security Blade Server

On the back of your blade chassis, you should find two ethernet hub blocks.  When using the appliance as a Transparent Bridge or Router, you need to provide two links to bridge.  This means that the appliance should be connected on one side to the external network (perhaps directly to the firewall), and on the other to the internal network.  Each connection should be via one of those two ethernet banks.  The external connection should come to one bank of ports, the internal one should come to the other.

Please give Support a call if you have further questions about this.

0 Kudos
klara
Level 10

thanks for your response..

If I have Master and Failover blade, do I need two ports for each interconnect SW?  I mean two connections to the external network and two connections to the internal?

0 Kudos
eplossl
Level 11

No, there would only need to be a single connection on each side.

0 Kudos
klara
Level 10

I read we can used Standard or resilient mode,  Wich is the mcafee recommendation?

Thanks a lot for your response..

0 Kudos
eplossl
Level 11

At that point, whichever is appropriate for your environment.  Resilient mode means that the two switches will each have multiple cables going to the remote side, and the appliance will be configured that, if one of the cables dies for some reason, the switch will move to the next cable.  Some environments can handle the setup necessary, others cannot.

0 Kudos
klara
Level 10

We have two routers doing failover and load balancing, can i use resilient to connect the Blade Server to each router, do i need a special configuration on those routers?

Thanks for your response,

Atte

Keila Lara

0 Kudos
mdnramos
Level 11

Hi Keila,

What you configure on your routers/switches is dependent on the mode the blade will work (proxy/transparent router or bridge).

I suggest you review the guide at https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/22000/PD22931/en_US/... for more details. The guide refers to Email and Web Security but it should still be relevant to a MEG deployment. You will find the resiliency feature on page 69 onwards.

0 Kudos
klara
Level 10

Marcelo,

Thanks for the documentation, I read it and i have a question, the configuration mode we are going to use is Transparent Route, and we are going to use Policy Base Routing to route the traffic to the Blade server.

We have two routers in load balancing and I want to know if I use resilient do i gonna have two switches active (LAN1-LAN2) and two switches standby (LAN1-LAN2), or I can have a full mesh active between the Blade Server and the two Routers.

Thanks a lot fr your response.

0 Kudos