cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Email Gateway Clustering High Avaiability Doubts

Dear friends,

Im here to just ask you about some tips and best practices when setting up a cluster HA setup on a certain costumer.

The customer already have a EG 5000 running in standalone mode but im setting up a new virtual machine for host a new virtual email gateway appliance which will be used to build a high avaiability cluster between these two nodes (Master/Failover)

I dont have any expertise with mcafee email gateway, but im looking for learn how to achieve this job as fast i can by reading the product guide (which i did not find any information about clustering) and also on this community

My doubts:

What will be necessary to setup a new HA cluster for this setup above?

Is there any requirement about setting up a new entry on the external DNS pointing a new record for the new machine or it would not be necessary when it relates for cluster HA (high avaiability, active, Standby) ?

Is there any requirement on the customer enviroment (firewall, dns, routers, microsoft exchange) which must be configured to set up a new MEG HA cluster to receive and send emails?

Accept as much tips you could gave me to help me, really thanks guys!!!!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community